Spatiotemporal Hotspot Analysis for Movement Data
Content of Master's Thesis
- Data describing the movement of people, vehicles, animals, or other objects combine both spatial and temporal characteristics.
- As part of this master thesis, you will deal intensively with the topic of detecting spatiotemporal hotspots in movement data.
- You will learn to conduct literature research on statistical spatiotemporal hotspot analysis.
- You will review existing implementations of spatiotemporal hotspot analysis and assess the gap that needs to be bridged to apply spatiotemporal hotspot analysis to movement data.
- You will support our researcher team in implementing a spatiotemporal hotspot analysis for floating car data using open source libraries.
- Your results will be integrated into our team’s movement data analysis toolbox.
- You will gain experience in spatiotemporal statistical analysis.
- You will have the opportunity to publish in a professional journal and/or present at a conference.
- Ongoing master’s studies in the field of transportation research, data science, statistics or similar
- Experience performing data analysis using Python
- Very good command of German or English (spoken and written)
Offer by AIT
- EUR 779,- gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits.
- You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly
- At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students.
Contact person and co-supervisor @ AIT: Anita Graser: anita.graser(at)ait.ac.at